Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Winter Wonderland

It's beginning to look a lot like New England outside.  Frosted window panes...oh wait, this isn't Christmas though it sure feels like it.  It is one degree outside.  One degree.  Missouri is in a state of emergency due to road conditions that the state just doesn't deal with enough to properly clear it fast enough.
Today is Groundhog Day and as tradition goes Punxsutawney Phil emerges at sunrise and we determine winters length based on Phil seeing his shadow or not. Phil did NOT see his shadow today, therefore Spring will shortly be upon us.  It's hard to imagine blooming flowers, green grass, and Spring showers with so much snow on the ground and single-digit temps.  Most people are wishing Winter away while I am elated that I have a snow day; my workplace is closed!  Yesterday was a pleasant surprise as I was off work and Phil's work was closed due to weather.  We stayed home all day and did little of note.  It was simply lovely getting to hang in together.  Summer is awesome but when do you get a day off work because it's too hot outside?  Rarely.   I am enjoying Winter while it's here - you should too!  Stay safe and warm.

3 comments:

Patti said...

Great post...very poetic.
I guess I should write something, too.

Kris H. said...

Amen! Summer is too, too long, hot, and agonizing. Go winter!

Kerri said...

Midwest summers are brutal. If I were a size 4 with a tan they'd be much more bearable, but alas I am not and they are not bearable. I still love Fall and Spring sans the allergies.